The average armed response officer salary in South Africa is R 153 000 per year or R 78.46 per hour. Entry-level positions start at R 144 000 per year, while most experienced workers make up to R 214 200 per year.
What is the highest paying armed security job?
A private police officer made the list for the highest-paid armed security jobs. Individuals who pursue this career have similar responsibilities to a regular, government-hired police officer.
Who is the highest paid security guard?
1. Chief Information Security Officer. Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is a senior executive level position and one of the highest paying security jobs. These professionals are responsible for the development and implementation of cyber security plans and policies for an organization.
How much do Level 3 security guards make?
SALARY LEVEL: A basic salary of R81 312 to R95 784 per annum (Level 3). In addition, a range of competitive benefits are offered.
How much does a tactical officer earn in South Africa?
Average TACTICAL REACTION SERVICES Security Officer monthly pay in South Africa is approximately R 4 243, which is 19% below the national average.
Is being an armed guard worth it?
Some people are happy when they fulfill the requirements to become a security guard, that they do not continue their education. … Becoming an armed guard carries a few perks in the field of security. Guards that will continue their training so that they can carry a firearm will find it was worth the extra work.
Which security company pays the best in South Africa?
Top companies for Security Guards in South Africa
- Bidvest protea coin. 3.9. R 4 759. per month. 181 reviews5 salaries reported.
- SPARK Schools. 2.7. R 4 422. per month. 31 reviews6 salaries reported.
- FIDELITY SECURITY SERVICES. 3.7. R 4 205. per month. 246 reviews5 salaries reported.
- Stallion Security. 4.1. R 3 937. per month.
How much is security per hour in South Africa?
The salaries of security guards in South Africa vary according to their grading. At the end of 2019 the average salary, across all gradings, was R6 560,00 per month. The minimum salary, based on the National Minimum Wage Act, is R20,00 per hour.
How do I become a bodyguard in South Africa?
Employers usually require job applicants to complete bodyguard training before they are hired in a security role. The South African Police offer training and there are also private companies where you can enrol for courses.
What are the grades of security?
What is the difference between grades?
- Grade 1. The system can resist inexperienced attackers. …
- Grade 2. The system can resist experienced attackers with special equipment. …
- Grade 3. The system can resist intruders with professional skills and knowledge, who are using portable electronic equipment. …
- Grade 4.
How much do they earn at G4S?
G4S Salary FAQs
The salary starts at ZAR 44,299 per year and goes up to ZAR 115,085 per year for the highest level of seniority.
How do I become an armed response officer in South Africa?
Armed response requirements | armed response officer training
- PSIRA Registered grade C.
- 18 Years and older.
- Able to speak, read and write in English and other languages.
- Grade 10 school certificate.
- South African citizen.
- Detailed CV.
- Digital finger print scan.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
How much does SBV security earn?
SBV Jobs by Salary
|Job Title:Security Officer||Range:R14k – R185k (Estimated *)||Average:R78,297|
|Office Administrator||Range:R50k – R187k (Estimated *)||Average:R97,942|
|Accounts Payable Clerk||Range:R57k – R231k (Estimated *)||Average:R138,190|
|Logistics Manager||Range:R85k – R572k (Estimated *)||Average:R269,278|
How much do cash in transit guards earn?
They said that despite the ever-present risk, an average guard who works for one of the top three cash-in-transit companies earns around R11000 a month, and has basic gun-handling skills.
How much does Prasa security earn?
PRASA Jobs by Salary
|Security Supervisor||Range:R35k – R389k (Estimated *)||Average:R79,628|
|Fixed Asset Accountant||Range:R227k – R525k (Estimated *)||Average:R348,810|
|Engineering Technician||Range:R197k – R653k (Estimated *)||Average:R393,180|
|Security Officer||Range:R25k – R169k (Estimated *)||Average:R67,354|