Wireless operator Safaricom has extended its hugely successful M-Pesa mobile money transfer service, enabling people in the UK to send funds to friends and family in Kenya.
Is mpesa available in UK?
Kenyans can now receive money from friends and family in the United Kingdom directly on their M-pesa accounts. This makes Safaricom the first company to offer a mobile based international money transfer service, whereby registered M-pesa customers can receive remittances directly onto their mobile phones.
How can I send money from UK to Kenya?
Sending money from the UK to Kenya couldn’t be simpler – with Western Union® you can choose to pay online, via our app, by cash or card or in person. With more than 1,7001 agent locations in Kenya, it’s convenient for friends and family to pick up the cash you’ve sent or receive funds to their bank account.
Can mpesa receive money from abroad?
M-PESA registered customers will receive the funds from abroad on their M-PESA account.
How can I get money from UK?
Enjoy instant money transfers from UK to India through App, Website, Branch or on the phone. With ICICI’s you can instantly transfer funds to any bank in India at confirmed exchange rates. Few of the non-ICICI beneficiary banks may take up to 1 business day to receive credit in India.
Can I send money to someone in the UK?
An international bank transfer is usually the best way to transfer money to the UK. It can be done through a bank or money transfer specialist. There are no legal limits on how much money you can send to a UK bank account.
Can I receive money from abroad in my bank account?
You can receive money from overseas through a transfer from the sender’s bank account straight into your bank account. … Typically, these transfers are expensive because banks charge hefty exchange rate margins when transferring to different currencies, and also apply fees.
How can I send money to someone in Kenya?
Some of the best money transfer services to send money from the USA to Kenya
- Best Exchange Rates: Wise.
- Sending Money to Family and Friends: Remitly.
- Sending Cash, Airtime or Mobile Money: WorldRemit.
- Fee Free: OFX.
- Best Big Brand: Xoom, powered by PayPal.
How do I send money via mpesa to Kenya?
How to send money to M-PESA in Kenya
- Visit our homepage and select Kenya from the ‘choose a country to send to’ dropdown list.
- You’ll be guided to the Kenya home page.
- Select ‘Mobile Money’ as the preferred service.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Log in or create an account if you haven’t already.
How do I send money to a Kenyan bank account?
Transferring money to a Kenyan bank account is easy.
How to transfer money to a Kenyan bank account
- Select the ‘Bank Deposit’ service from the blue ‘Send to’ box on this page.
- Choose whether to make the transfer to a Kenyan shilling (KES) or US dollar (USD) account.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
Can I use M-Pesa outside Kenya?
While M-Pesa doesn’t allow money transfers outside of Kenya, by using Remitly, you can easily transfer money from outside the country into an M-Pesa mobile wallet.
How can I send money from Safaricom to M-Pesa Tanzania?
How to send money to Tanzania using Safaricom MPESA
- Go to M-PESA and select Lipa Na M-PESA.
- Select Pay Bill and enter business number 255255.
- Under account number, enter the Tanzania recipient’s mobile number in the format 2557XXXXXXXX.
- Enter amount you wish to send in Ksh.
How can I receive money from another country?
There are many ways you can access funds sent to you from abroad, including:
- from your bank account if the payer sends the money through a money transfer service or their own bank account.
- as a cash pick-up.
- or by an international money order through the post.
What is the best company to transfer money internationally?
Best Ways to Send Money Internationally
- Western Union.
Is Google Pay International?
Google Pay is currently available in 42 countries worldwide.
Is there a limit on sending money from UK to India?
There is no limit on the amount you can transfer to India from the UK.